PLEASE NOTE: You must have held a driving licence for 2 years with at least 1 year of delivery driver experience. You will also need the last 5 years of checkable reference history. This can be work/education/job centre.
Class 1 Personnel are recruiting a team of van delivery drivers for DHL. As the face of DHL, a DHL courier is in charge of the daily delivery and pick up of shipments to and from our customers.
- A courier will need superb organisational skills to plan and prioritise their workload
- This is a job which will often require a variety of tasks and may also offer overtime
- The job can be physically demanding and full training will be given.
- Couriers are not employed solely for one route but to undertake all of the necessary deliveries
- Couriers also sort the shipment material both am and pm to ensure efficiency
- A courier role is extremely diverse and there are extreme peaks within this role, especially around bank holidays and Christmas. It is important that all couriers work together with the support of all other employees at the service centres to ensure targets are achieved.
- Complete daily safety checks, safe loading/securing the load of the vehicle, maintenance, legislative/regulations and adherence to company driving standards (including tachograph vehicles)
- Complete multiple deliveries and collections of shipment of a variety of weights
- Sort and prioritise workload (including multiple route sort) to ensure time commitments are met.
- Check for 'cash on delivery' packages to ensure all payments are collected
- Ensure correct completion of DHL/Customer Data and documentation
- Comply with DHL's uniform standards
- Accurate recording of working and driving hours to comply with road transport regulations
- To project a high-quality DHL image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality of service to our customers at all times
- Loading/unloading (shipments vary in weight between 0.5kg and 70kg)
- Achieving targets, productivity, service, compliance and commercial
- Scanning and working quickly and efficiently to ensure warehouse deadlines are met
- Awareness of customs/import/export procedures
5 years of checkable reference history is a must.
- Good judgement, decision making and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Flexible working approach as overtime may be required
- Be a good team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly professional, accurate and effective work ethic
- Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
- Visual/numerical accuracy
- You must be over 21 with a minimum of 1 yrs UK delivery driving experience (must have held a licence for a minimum of 2 years)